The Golden Triangle is an experience situated in India, offering the perfect introduction to three of the region’s top destinations: Jaipur, Delhi and Agra. This particular tour is included in a number of SixStarCruises’ luxury cruise and stay packages, as it is the perfect pairing with a cruise to the Middle East and Asia.
The Golden Triangle explores the history and splendour across this fascinating region, including a number of unforgettable experiences and highlights.
What is the tour itinerary?
Typically, the tour starts in Delhi, visiting Agra and Jaipur – though this can be done in reverse. Throughout the tour, you will enjoy luxury accommodation in hotels such as the Sheraton New Delhi or the Rajputana in Jaipur, as well as breakfast.
After flying to Delhi, you are transferred to your accommodation from which you will enjoy excursions to the city and landmarks such as the Jama Masjid Mosque; Ghandi’s cremation site, Raj Ghat; the Red Fort; and the narrow lanes of Chandni Chowk. You will then stay another night at your hotel before continuing on to Agra.
In Agra, one of the most popular landmarks is the Taj Mahal, which you will visit at sunrise for a much quieter, peaceful memory of this iconic monument. Other excursions here include a visit to the majestic Agra Fort and the small town of Fatehpur Sikri – a magnificent ancient city just outside of western Agra – which you will visit on your way to Jaipur.
Sightseeing in Jaipur is centred around Amber, the ancient capital of the Rajput Empire. The Amber Fort dominates this region as the stronghold of the capital, which you can reach by elephant or jeep for sensational views from the ramparts down into the Royal Halls.
During your time in Jaipur, you can also visit Hawa Mahal – or the Palace of Winds as it is also known – the City Palace and the Jantar Mantar. Each of these offers unimaginable insight into India’s history and culture as you explore their architecture and inspiration. Once you have finished sightseeing in Jaipur, you will stay overnight at the hotel and fly home the following day.
What places do you visit on the Golden Triangle tour?
There are so many excursions, tours and landmarks to visit during the tour that it’s easy to lose count. We have broken them down by region:
- Jama Masjid Mosque – one of the largest mosques in India
- Chandni Chowk – enjoy a rickshaw ride through the narrow lanes of this busy shopping area full of traditional Indian market stalls
- Red Fort- drive by this historic, 17th century fort and witness its magnificent Islamic construction
- India Gate and Parliament House – during a city visit, view the India Gate Memorial and drive along the Rajpath past the Parliament House
- Raj Ghat – where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated and home to the Gandhi memorial
- Taj Mahal – a stunning iconic landmark featuring marble carvings and minarets
- Agra Fort – explore this sandstone structure which was previously a military strategic point and royal residence in 1654
- Fatehpur Sikri – this small town was once the capital of the Mughal Empire between 1571-1585, visit the Emperor’s mosque and three palaces which he built for his three wives
- Birla Temple – a Hindu temple comprising beautiful architecture at the foot of Moti Dungri fort
- Amber Fort – this fort dominates Amber and can be reached by elephant or jeep
- City Palace – this complex was built by the city’s founder, Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh and remains home to the last ruling royal family
- Jantar Mantar – an amazing astronomical observatory also built by Jaipur’s founder
- Hawa Mahal – a five-storied structure which was built for the women of the royal family to watch life on the street in privacy
Why should you explore India on the Golden Triangle tour?
The tour allows you to witness some of the beauties that India has to offer in five or six days, more if you consider extensions or longer hotel stays.
It includes iconic landmarks and sometimes exclusive access to stunning attractions that you wouldn’t find elsewhere. For example, the sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal is something you won’t forget in a rush!
It offers insight into the local life and captivating cultures that India holds, while also focusing on the seamless blend of old and new as past empires fuse with modern times.
Within your Golden Triangle tour, all costs from your transfers, excursions, entrance fees and taxes are included, as well as your accommodation and breakfast each morning in the hotels.
Explore India’s Golden Triangle with Finest Collection
If you would like to visit India and explore the region on this unforgettable tour, you can build a bespoke cruise and stay package which is tailor-made to your needs. Our Finest Collection packages are perfect for luxury getaways, allowing you full flexibility to pick and choose your cruise, hotels, flights and even tours to make your holiday of a lifetime a dream come true.
Browse our latest Finest Collection packages by clicking the button below for inspiration, then call our specialist Cruise Concierge team who will help you refine your choices to make you ideal Indian cruise and stay package a reality.
Call our Cruise Concierge team on 0808 202 6105 for expert advice and award-winning assistance with your Finest Collection booking and any questions you may have.