The Silver Explorer is a purpose-rebuilt expedition ship which has been a stalwart of exciting snowbound adventures within the Silversea fleet. Originally built in 1989 as the World Discoverer II, this beautiful cruiser was given a multi-million-pound refit in Italy and is now one of the finest Silversea expedition vessels to ever grace the waters.
Take to the sea and venture to the southern tip of Argentina, embarking to the Antarctic Peninsula, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands for a trio of truly awe-inspiring visits. Alternatively, explore the South Pacific coastline and visit the ports of Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Costa Rica and Panama, on a journey of discovery.
A stunning variety of expeditions and excursions await cruisers who take an adventure to the world’s most stunning rugged landscapes, such as the icy splendour of the Arctic Circle. Passengers can look forward to a breath-taking range of hikes, day trips and wildlife-watching, supported by diligent, knowledgeable guides.
Amidst all of this excitement though, the Silver Explorer is still abundant with all the luxury you expect from Silversea, including exceptional dining, absolutely pristine décor, and an atmosphere of sumptuous sophistication pervading every gorgeous deck.
See our best deals with Silver Explorer below and select your next getaway. Book with our Cruise Concierge team and they will ensure your holiday is standard of luxury one can only dream of.
latest cruise line promotions
- Luxurious, all-suite accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in a choice of dining venues
- Selected wines and spirits on-board
- In-suite bar replenished with your preferences
- Butler service for every suite
- Almost 1:1 staff to guest ratio
- Complimentary laundrettes
- WiFi included on-board
- A daily programme of activities
- Use of swimming pools, spa, hot tubs, fitness centre and leisure facilities where available
- Entertainment throughout the day and evening
- Shuttle service to and from ports and airport where available
- Return flights and transfers from a choice of UK airports (fly-cruise bookings)
- Expedition activities and on-board expert lectures on expedition sailings
- Gratuities included on-board
- 24-hour room service
Silversea’s purpose-built Silver Explorer expedition cruise ship has been designed specifically for navigating waters in some of the world’s most remote destinations, including both of earth’s polar regions. A strengthened hull with a Lloyd’s Register ice-class notation (1A) for passenger vessels enables Silver Explorer to safely push through ice floes with ease. A fleet of 12 Zodiac boats allows Silversea Expedition guests to visit even the most off-the-beaten path locations and an expert Expedition Team provides insight and understanding to each unforgettable Silver Explorer luxury cruise adventure.