Following the release of Silversea’s Cuban itineraries back in October, the cruise line have now revealed what excursions passengers can experience during these sailings.
34 shore excursions on offer with Silversea
Silversea have crafted 34 shore excursions in Havana, Santiago de Cuba and Cienfuegos for their new Cuban sailings in 2019 and 2020, all of which delve into the natural, cultural and historical treasures of this iconic Caribbean destination.
The tours include numerous UNESCO World Heritage Sites, musical performances, art galleries and nature – which are outlined below.
- Havana by Classic American Car includes a cocktail at the historic Hotel Nacional de Cuba and a panoramic drive to highlights like the Plaza de la Revolución, the Malecón and the Nelson Domínguez Gallery.
- Hemingway’s Havana visits the author’s former home, Finca Vigía; the Hemingway Monument in Cojimar, the fishing village that inspired the novel ‘The Old Man and the Sea’; and several of Hemingway’s hangouts in Old Havana.
- Legendarios del Guajirito offers an exclusive performance by the renowned Buena Vista Social Club, with cocktails and the chance to mingle with band members.
Santiago de Cuba
- Birthplace of the Revolution unlocks the colonial and wartime history including Santiago’s historic district, the Moncada Barracks, Santa Ifigenia Cemeterym Plaza de la Revolución and San Juan Hill, where Teddy Roosevelt’s Rough Riders rode to victory during the Spanish-American War in 1898.
- El Cobre visits the old mining centre set in the Sierra Maestra foothills, home to the Basílica de Nuestra Señora, one of Cuba’s most important religious sites.
- Colonial Trinidad journeys into central Cuba and World Heritage-listed Trinidad, including a visit to the Potter’s House, a traditional open-air workshop, an art gallery and the Municipal Museum of Trinidad before visiting the panoramic Valley of the Sugar Mills observation point.
- Natural Beauty of El Nicho focuses on the stunning surroundings of Cienfuegos with a guided hiking trek past waterfalls, virgin forests and towering mountains. Participants will visit the village of Crucecitas and San Juan Peak for panoramic vistas from approximately 3,800 feet/1,158 metres.
Silversea’s Cuban program begins with Silver Wind, when she sets sail on a seven-day voyage in February 2019. She will begin in San Juan, sailing to Fort Lauderdale via Havana, Santiago de Cuba and the Bahamian island of Bimini.
Would you like to set sail on these sensational sailings to Cuba? Take a look at our latest sailings by clicking the button above and calling our Cruise Concierge team on 0808 202 6105 for expert advice on Silversea Cruises and award-winning customer service.
Which excursion would you pick on a Silversea cruise to Cuba? Let us know in the comments below!