Interesting and immersive, excursions are the perfect way to find out more about luxury cruise destinations. From a visit to Rome’s stunning Vatican to a day-long tour of Berlin, there are countless cruise excursions on offer during every itinerary.
Here are few things to know before making a booking.
Which cruise lines offer excursions?
Each of the luxury cruise lines offer their own shore excursions for you to explore destinations and discover the culture in your own time, however not all of them include them in their cruise fares.
- Azamara Club Cruises – AzAmazing Evenings are included on most cruises, offering in-depth travel experiences that take guests into the heart of local culture at no extra cost. Any additional excursions are charged individually.
- Crystal Cruises – Crystal Adventures shore excursions can be booked alongside your cruise and excursions can be reserved up to six months prior to boarding. These are all charged on an individual basis.
- Oceania – Oceania offers guests collections to purchase, each including unlimited shore excursions for your voyage and substantial savings when booked on an individual basis.
- Regent Seven Seas – Regent offers free unlimited shore excursions in every port of call, meaning guests can take as many as they wish during the entire voyage at no extra cost – it’s all included in your cruise fare.
- Seabourn – All shore excursions with Seabourn are offered at an additional cost, with bookings taken for these in advance online.
- Silversea – On-board expedition cruises include activities and lectures for guests to uncover the farthest reaches of the globe. Additional excursions and those on non-expedition ships are offered at additional costs.
- Scenic Ocean – Scenic’s extensive range of shore excursions are all-inclusive, offering exclusive and unique wonders to enjoy at no extra cost.
You will learn from the locals
All guides who lead excursions on our luxury cruises are English-speaking locals. Their knowledge of each area is unmatched by any guide book; full of fascinating facts, quirky local history and hidden treasures. It won’t be long until their stories have you completely immersed in each port.
You could make a saving
Want to know a secret? If you book excursions with us rather than directly through the cruise line you are sailing with, you could save up to 60 per cent on the price. We use the same local guides, so you aren’t losing out.
You don’t have to pay right away
If you are trying to space out your cruise payments, you will be pleased to know that you don’t have to pay the final cost of your excursions straight away. Secure a place on your dream port trips and we’ll give you a due date for your final payment.
You will receive special service
Did you know we have a dedicated number for passengers looking to discuss excursions and manage excursion bookings? Simply call our Cruise Concierge team on 0808 202 6105.
Joining an excursion couldn’t be easier
When it is time to hop off your luxury cruise ship and embark on your excursion, you needn’t take lots of paperwork on-shore. Once you have booked an excursion we will send you an excursion ticket, and if you book a few at once, we will send all of your tickets in one bundle. We want to make it as easy as possible to stay on top of the particulars of your luxury cruise, which means sending your documents in as few batches as possible.
It couldn’t be simpler to get more out of each port on your itinerary. Offering the opportunity to explore iconic sights, live like a local for the day and take part in once-in-a-lifetime experiences, excursions afford memories you will treasure forever.